Vocalist.org archive

From:  Roger Smith <roger@c...>
Date:  Fri Jun 30, 2000  1:51 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] MP3.com

yep, basically a whole generation of kids growing up with
the belief that we shoudlnt pay for music is a scary
thought.

the thing is, the music thing is so hard to protect adn
police. Anything that can be watermarked can also be
unwatermarked.

I think the clincher will come when movies suffer a similar
fate. There is amssive money involved in movies, and I
gaurantee that Hollywood aint gonna let their multi billion
industry get traded away for free to college kids.

If you want to do some reading on this, do a search on
deja.com under rec.audio.pro

The subject is being discussed in great detail there.

Rodge

Jacqueline/Connie wrote:

> I just got the newspaper from the musician's union
> and there is quite a controversy over the MP3 site
> and how they have made available copywritten
> music to the masses. Personally, I have not spent
> much time using MP3 technology but it did cross
> my mind that people could get music off the internet
> instead of buying it. Anyone have any comments?
> Jacqueline
> www.tbmall.com/slightlyoffbroadway
> (gifts/costumes/classes & more)
> Read my articles at:
> www.suite101.com/welcome.cfm/musical_theatre)
> "There's no business like show business"

emusic.com