Vocalist.org archive

From:  Domisosing@a...
Date:  Wed Jun 28, 2000  8:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Re: Seth Riggs, Speech Level Singing,Full Resume an...

In a message dated 06/28/2000 9:14:36 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
ibracamonte@y... writes:

> The others I don't recognize. I would venture to make
> the presumption that Mr. Riggs' technique is more
> suitable for musical theater styles than operatic
> ones? Or perhaps it is good for the less "operatic"
> classical sounds of a singer like Dawn Upshaw.

Isabelle,
I knew that there would be skepticism about Seth's results and those of
Speech Level Singing, and therefore, I was hesitant to post them. Let me
remind you, that many people study with multiple teachers. One for technique,
one for style, one for repertoire etc. Seth would not falsely advertise his
students names. Why should he? He has a reputation in every genre of music,
notwithstanding the Opera world. I would venture to say, that there is no
other teacher that has had the succes in ALL genres of music that he has had.
Unless, of course, his students that won the National Metropolitan Opera
Auditions and fill in for Pavarotti and Domingo, are not considered "True,
legit, succesfull" Opera singers. Or perhaps the music performed at Covent
Garden, Munich Opera, San Francisco Opera, La Scala under the direction of
conductors such as Zubin Mehta, Michel Plasson, Cerde Albrecth, was not
considered legitimate Opera music either.
Sincerely,
Mary Beth Felker-Osborn

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
2744 Re: Seth Riggs, Speech Level Singing,Full Resume Caio Rossi   Wed  6/28/2000   4 KB
2746 Re: Seth Riggs, Speech Level Singing,Full Resume Lloyd W. Hanson   Wed  6/28/2000   4 KB

emusic.com