Vocalist.org archive

From:  ms19 <mbsmith.sing@s...>
Date:  Tue Jun 27, 2000  1:06 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] Opera Spoofs

One of my favorites is "Goldilocks and the Three Bears," by Mark Schweitzer,
published by St. James Music Press. Quite a twisted and funny version of the
old favorite, and all the music is like an "opera top 40," with different
lyrics of course. Some of the tunes are "La donna e mobile," "Libiamo,"
"Habanera" and the Toreador Song from Carmen, and the sextet from Lucia.
It's a great piece to do for any occasion of opera connoisseurs to novices.
We've done it with our Opera Workshop and taken it out to elementary schools.
Really, really funny.

MaryBeth D. Smith
Coordinator of Voice/Opera
Southwest Texas State University