Vocalist.org archive

From:  "nancy clasby" <nturnage@h...>
Date:  Sat Jun 24, 2000  4:29 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] my first solo

Janis wrote:
>Hi listers,
>Well I had my first solo last night, and I am not a happy camper.

Dear Janis,
This sort of thing has happened to most of us. I taped myself in a practice
room two years ago and hid the tape away, feeling it was just too awful and
that I would never listen to it without shame and embarrassment. Well, I
dared to play it a few weeks ago, and it really wasn't too bad. It was not
what I wanted to hear when I first taped it, but it was okay. I'll bet that
down the road with that particular tape, you will feel the same. It will be
okay. Emotionality is expected at weddings; even fear and trembling from the
singer can be okay. Besides, if you got the words across, that's 90 percent!
Not so bad, and congratulations, you did it!! Next time won't be such a
trauma., I promise.
Nancy C.