Vocalist.org archive

From:  kapaulson@a...
Date:  Sat Jun 24, 2000  2:35 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] my first solo

Dear Janis,

Judy makes excellent points, but I would like to add a comment. Your subject
reads "my first solo." First means the beginning. The beauty of starting
out is that with practice and experience (and the help of a good teacher) you
can only get better! Perhaps this doesn't compare as they are not paid gigs,
but as I remember studio recitals from my sophomore year in college and when
I compare them to my senior recital which was just last month I am elated by
the difference! Keep tracking your progress (tape your work) and you'll hear
the difference. I hope that helps.

Karen Paulson

emusic.com