Vocalist.org archive

From:  LesTaylor@a...
Date:  Thu Jun 22, 2000  4:59 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Training Methods

Dear Lloyd,
I'm afraid I didn't state my request very clearly. I hope I didn't frustrate
or irritate you. Of course I inderstood that you meant one-on-one teaching. I
also was aware that you were saying it was good whether taught by a teacher
from an educational institution or one who teaches from a "private" studio.
Maybe "independent" would be a better word? Anyhow, I agree that students
will most likely find the best qualified teaching at a college or university
when taught private lessons.

I was asking for your wisdom on why students need private lessons. What can
they get from them that they can't get from other forms of education? The
one-on-one attention is a given. The quality of a well educated and competent
teacher being more frequently encountered in a college or university is a
given.

I tend to think that some of those things as being:
How to find out about auditions
How to audition
Stage deportment and dress
The process of how to learn a song or role effectively
How to figure out what your voice is best suited to do

Honest, I wasn't tossing grenades. I was looking for the values you place on
the elements that make private lessons necessary. I'm still eager to know.
Warmest regards,
Les

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
2687 Re: Training Methods Lloyd W. Hanson   Sun  6/25/2000   4 KB

emusic.com