Vocalist.org archive

From:  Sally Bradshaw <songful@c...>
Date:  Thu Jun 22, 2000  12:28 am
Subject:  saint-saens oratorio de noel

I have recorded this piece for BBC Radio 3. I performed the soprano solos
in it. It is an oratorio for orchestra, organ, choir and a line-up of
bass, tenor, contralto, mezzo and soprano. There is a duet for soprano and
tenor, one for soprano and bass and various sections for the three female
voices together. It is a very beautiful piece. There is a soprano solo with
choir which is more like an arioso as I recall. It would be worth looking
at some of the choral sections if your conductor is interested in chunks of
a work other than the whole piece, but you need the lineup to perform it.

Songful

emusic.com