Vocalist.org archive

From:  Joel Figen <natural@w...>
Date:  Tue Jun 20, 2000  1:13 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] pitch differences (was bach and basses)

At 04:55 PM 06/19/2000 -0500, John Alexander Blyth wrote:
>Now here is the crux for me - though I don't know how loud Tako's
>impressive demonstration was, my low notes don't sound like that. They do,
>however, tail away in dynamic level, as I have bemoaned to this list in
>approximately this fashion:
>
>NOTE LOUDEST POSSIBLE DYNAMIC
>D2 ff
>C2 f
>F#1 mf about here, natural vibrato is difficult
>C#1 mp
>B0 p or pp
>
> Does this seem familiar to anyone? I don't think I'm doing the same
thing as Tako.

That's very much like me - possibly my roll-off starts a note or
two lower, but is steeper - also, when I get below E1, my volume
is quite variable - earlier in the morning, I get more, later in
the day, I get less, the more vocalizing I do, the more I get.
I don't think I sound like Tako's demonstration either, but I'd
sure like to know how he did it :)

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
2569 Re: pitch differences (was bach and basses) John Alexander Blyth   Tue  6/20/2000   3 KB

emusic.com