Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Fri Jun 16, 2000  9:24 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] process vs. product

There are really only two schools in Canada that fit your description, and
only one really closely...
Sometimes an institution becomes a 'thing-in-itself' existing not because
of a stated purpose, but to provide employment for administrators. So you
are lucky that there is still a stated purpose that has something, however
tenous, to do with music - though I'm sure that this is to raise the
profile of the institution, resulting in more defensible funding, resulting
in bureaucratic job security etc. etc. Therte may even be some poor
creature at the top of it all that believes he/she is serving the cause of
music somehow. Sad, really. john

...evidence to confirm that this method got