Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jennifer" <jennibri@i...>
Date:  Thu Jun 15, 2000  1:28 am
Subject:  Singing industry outlook - HELP!

I'm applying for a self-employment program that will teach me about
finances, marketing, etc. and then provide financial support for several
months while I get it off the ground. The business I want to start? Singing,
of course! Singing at weddings, funerals, conventions & corporate parties
(I'm putting together a couple of shows). Anyway, the application is due
tomorrow (I only just found out about this) and one of the questions is how
has the industry developed and what are the trends in the industry. I don't
even begin to know how to research this question (and me with two university
degrees, sigh). Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
Jennifer

A man should hear a little music, read a little poetry, and see a fine
picture every day of his life, in order that worldly cares may not
obliterate the sense of the beautiful which God has implanted in the human
soul. -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, German writer and scientist (1749-1832)

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
2453 Re: Singing industry outlook - HELP! Jennifer   Thu  6/15/2000   2 KB

emusic.com