Vocalist.org archive

From:  John Alexander Blyth <BLYTHE@B...>
Date:  Wed Jun 14, 2000  9:57 pm
Subject:  Re:lieder

Well, list, I think I've passed the 40 hour mark, working on 'die
Wetterfahne', over the last couple of months, and I *still* don't have it
right!
I could just leave it there, but natural prolixity causes me to add:
The other day I spent a half hour on on just two melismata on the word
'eine' (as in 'Ihr Kind ist eine reiche Braut') for future singers of this
song I submit this - a-a-a-ih-nih-ih as the solution I decided to go with
and 'practice in'. Each note is a fairly full chest voice with an
individual appoggio for each to keep the pitch from sagging.
But for some people my prima vista zip through this piece would probably
have been quite beautiful and exciting, and for those people I am also
grateful!
john
John Blyth
Baritono robusto e lirico