Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Wed Jun 14, 2000  12:02 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] repertoire w/orchestra request

On Mon, 12 Jun 2000 LYNDA313@a... wrote:

> I've been asked to sing with a Houston, TX area community orchestra with whom
> I have performed in the past. The performance is their holiday concert in
> early December, and they've asked that the literature be appropriate to the
> season. What the conductor has told me is that he needs:
>
> 1. a piece for choir and orchestra,

Sir Lennox Berkeley: Magnificat, op. 71, for chorus & orchestra (London:
J&W Chester)

Gerald Finzi: Magnificat for mixed chorus with organ or orchestra (London:
Boosey & Hawkes)

Gustav Holst: Christmas Day, choral fantasy on old Christmas carols with
orchestra or organ (Kalmus)

Witold Lutoslawski: 20 Polish Christmas carols for unison voices and
orchestra (London: Chester Music)

J.S. Bach: Choral Variation on the Christmas carol "Vom Himmel hoch da
komm' ich her" (arranged by Igor Stravinsky) (Boosey & Hawkes)

> 2. a piece for soprano (me) and orchestra, and

Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart: Exsultate Jubilate, K.165 (or is this too
obvious?)

John Rutter: Magnificat for soprano or mezzo soprano solo, mixed choir,
and orchestra (Oxford University Press)

Alessandro Scarlatti: Cantata pastorale per la nativita di nostro Signore
Gesu Cristo, for soprano solo, string orchestra, and keyboard continuo
(Oxford University Press)

Gerald Finzi: Dies natalis, op. 8 - for soprano (or tenor) and string
orchestra (Boosey & Hawkes)

> 3. a piece for soprano, choir, and orchestra...to make up a group in the

Thea Musgrave: Two Christmas Carols in Traditional Style - soprano solo,
chorus, small orchestra (London: J&W Chester)

Goffredo Petrassi: Magnificat, for soprano leggero, chorus, and orchestra
(Ricordi)

Giovanni Paisiello: Pastoral jam concentu - for soprano, SATB chorus, 2
clarinets, 2 bassoons, and string orchestra (Alteotting: A. Coppenrath)

Charles Hubert Parry: Ode on the Nativity, for soprano, chorus, &
orcdhestra (Chichester: Cathedral Music)

Joaquin Rodrigo: Cantan por Belen pastores - for soprano, chorus, and
orchestra (Schott)

Karen Mercedes
-----
Ich singe, wie der Vogel singt,