Vocalist.org archive

From:  "michael.chesebro" <michael.chesebro@w...>
Date:  Sun Jun 11, 2000  10:00 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] Inter arytenoid question.

At 12:13 AM 6/11/00 -0700, you wrote:
> At the behest of my voice teacher, I went to see a local ENT. He
>gave me a sort-of thorough examination . . . However, since he isn't really an expert on
>singing he said he wasn't sure exactly what sort
>of misuse or vocal problem might have caused that.

If an MD is hesitant to offer an explanation after examining you, would you really take the advice of someone over the internet who hasn't seen you at all? A clinical expert might also benefit from more precise description and location of the redness and swelling as well as a thorough background on what you've been doing, what your symptoms have been, and the general state of your health as well as any recent changes.

I say this as a means of underlining the breadth of the problem. I might also add: as long as your paying for services, get the MD you want. There isn't a lot of benefit in going to see an expert that tells you "Gosh, I don't know."

Good luck with it.
Michael E. Chesebro, M.A.,C.C.C., S.L.P.
Voice & Fax: 562/983-9965

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date Size
2355 Re: Inter arytenoid question. Lloyd W. Hanson   Sun  6/11/2000   2 KB

emusic.com