Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Steve Fraser" <Steve.Fraser@j...>
Date:  Tue Mar 11, 2003  10:25 pm
Subject:  Re: spectral analysis

--- In vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com, lineslists@a... wrote:
> I'm told there are web sites by which one can download software or
> somehow view a spectral analysis of the singing voice. Can anyone
tell
> me how to find this?

The way I found them was to do a Google search for the acronym FFT
which means Fast Fourier Transform. There are some out there that
are free, but most of them are commercial products. Right now
I am testing a commercial product called 'Spectra Plus', and one
called RAL (Realtime Analyzer)

WHen you get one, the realtime display that seems to me to be the
most fun is the one called the Specragraph. You will be able to see
the harmonics and how the formants color the tone.

Best Regards,

Steven Fraser

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
23262 Re: spectral analysisarado_gearado_ge Fri  3/21/2003
emusic.com