Vocalist.org archive

From:  lineslists@a...
Date:  Tue Mar 11, 2003  8:51 pm
Subject:  spectral analysis

I'm told there are web sites by which one can download software or
somehow view a spectral analysis of the singing voice. Can anyone tell
me how to find this?

Thanks,
Dr. Carol Lines
McNeese State University
Lake Charles, Louisiana
> In a message dated 3/10/2003 7:04:30 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> IMuzicgoil@a... writes:
>

> > so yes, as far as simon telling someone to stop their pursuit of singing,
> > that is ridiculous.
>
> You have to remember that this is not a talent "development" showcase. I
> think the slant of many of his comments is not to stop singing, but to stop
> pursuing singing as a full-time career.
>
> If you approach his comments from the perspective of a businessman/venture
> capitalist who is going to invest a lot of money into a product that has not
> been proven in the marketplace, his statements make a little more sense.
>
> And, to give the poor judges a break, what kind of thoughts would be running
> through your mind, and possibly slip out of your mouth, if you had sat for
> 10-12 hours day after day listening to singer after singer? Honestly, I'm
> somewhat appalled at the lack of respect that is given towards the judges
> from many of the contestants. They agreed to accept the opinions of the
> judges when they auditioned for the show, whether they liked them or not.
> More, to ridicule and criticize the very people who are giving them, and
> paying for, the privilege to be seen on national television and possibly
> given a professional singing career is bewildering. To respectfully disagree
> is one thing, to aggressively counter-attack is another.
>
> Does that give someone the right to publicly criticize another? Ethically,
> not in my opinion. Legally, absolutely if the one being criticized signs a
> release agreeing to it.
>
> For what it's worth,
> Mary Beth Felker
> www.theVoiceProject.com

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
23236 Re: spectral analysisSteve Fraserdstevenfraser Tue  3/11/2003
23262 Re: spectral analysisarado_gearado_ge Fri  3/21/2003
23237 Re: spectral analysisSteve Fraserdstevenfraser Tue  3/11/2003
emusic.com