Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Sat Jun 10, 2000  3:42 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] the choicest parts of crowd-pleasing arias?

Here are some truly recognisable aria tidbits I think you could use. I've
noted those arias that you shouldn't start at the beginning.

SOPRANO

Quando m'en vo' (Puccini, LA BOHEME)

O mio babbino caro (Puccini, GIANNI SCHICCHI)

Vilja (Lehar, DIE LUSTIGE WITWE) - start with the chorus, "Vilja, o Vilja"

Mein Herr Marquis (J. Strauss, DIE FLEDERMAUS)

Dove sono (Mozart, LE NOZZE DI FIGARO)

Libiamo (Verdi, LA TRAVIATA)

MEZZO

Habanera (Bizet, CARMEN)

O mio Fernando (Donizetti, LA FAVORITA)

O don fatale (Verdi, DON CARLO)

Stride la vampa (Verdi, IL TROVATORE)

Not in the "Top 20", but very "operatic":

SOPRANO

MEZZO

Stella de marinar (Ponchielli, LA GIOCONDA)

Acerba volutta (Cilea, ADRIANA LECOUVREUR) - the last - "O vagabonda
stella" - section

Amour, viens aider ma faiblesse (Saint-Saens, SAMSON ET DALILA) - skip the
recit, start with "Amour, viens aider..."

KM
-----
Ich singe, wie der Vogel singt,
Der in den Zweigen wohnet;