Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Colin Reed" <colin-reed@l...>
Date:  Mon Mar 10, 2003  9:04 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Asymmetry in the Larynx

I have been "bounced" by Yahoo for a couple of days, so have missed some of
this thread. However, about asymmetric vocal folds having a negative effect
on the voice - Katarina Karneus once said in an interview that she had an
asymmetric larynx, and it was thought by her ENT that this helped to give
her voice some of its rich and unique character. It obviously has been no
problem to her. I'll try to see if I can find the interview (although it
was many years ago - I may just still have the magazine).

Best wishes

Colin Reed, tenor
Newark, UK