Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
Date:  Fri Mar 7, 2003  2:23 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Covered tone

Dear Graham and Vocalisters:

Yes. I was Coffin's defining work in this field to which I was
refering. I was fortunate enough to have studied with him at the
Univ. of Colorado just before he retired.

> > But modifying the vowels is not not necessarily a trial and error
>> procedure. Vowels which are best for particular pitches and for
>> particular voices have been well defined and, if used, will provide
>> the desired "cover" without the trial and error "shot in the dark"
>> approach used by most singers and teachers who teach the cover
>> concept.
>
>Dear Lloyd,
>
>Probably, the best resources on this subject are the books by Berton Coffin
>ie: Overtones of Bel Canto, with the vowel chart.
>
>Ciao,
>
>Graham
>
>Heldentenor
>gsanders@h...
>gsanders@b...
>www.heldentenor.org
>

>Tel: +49 (0)421 417-2349
>Fax: +49 (0)421 417-2348
>Mobile: +49 (0)172 566-5754
>
>Important:
>
>Someone has been using my email address to send junk emails. For this
>reason I trust you will understand that, for your own and my protection, I
>rule out the legal validity of the foregoing statements and comments.

6:HM/A=1482387/R=0/*http://ads.x10.com/?bHlhaG9vaG0xLmRhd=1047025207%3eM=247865.\
3003379.4374531.2848452/D=egroupweb/S=1705034266:HM/A=1482387/R=1=1047025207%3eM\
=247865.3003379.4

--
Lloyd W. Hanson

emusic.com