Vocalist.org archive

From:  Graham Sanders <tenore_di_forza@w...>
Date:  Fri Mar 7, 2003  8:19 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Covered tone

> But modifying the vowels is not not necessarily a trial and error
> procedure. Vowels which are best for particular pitches and for
> particular voices have been well defined and, if used, will provide
> the desired "cover" without the trial and error "shot in the dark"
> approach used by most singers and teachers who teach the cover
> concept.

Dear Lloyd,

Probably, the best resources on this subject are the books by Berton Coffin
ie: Overtones of Bel Canto, with the vowel chart.

Ciao,

Graham

Heldentenor
gsanders@h...
gsanders@b...
www.heldentenor.org

Tel: +49 (0)421 417-2349
Fax: +49 (0)421 417-2348
Mobile: +49 (0)172 566-5754

Important:

Someone has been using my email address to send junk emails. For this
reason I trust you will understand that, for your own and my protection, I
rule out the legal validity of the foregoing statements and comments.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
23170 Re: Covered toneLloyd W. Hansonlwh1 Fri  3/7/2003
emusic.com