Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Deborah" <singsoprano2003@y...>
Date:  Fri Mar 7, 2003  3:07 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Baritones and Contraltos

--- In vocalist-temporary@yahoogroups.com, Karen Mercedes
<dalila@R...> wrote:
> As a contralto with a very warm, dark voice, I beg to differ with
your
> teacher.
>
> Karen Mercedes
> http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
> ________________________________
> O music, that openest the abysses of the soul!
> Thou dost destroy the normal balance of the mind.
> - Romain Rolland, JEAN-CHRISTOPHE
Hi Karen,

Actually she isn't my teacher. I am in the process of researching
singing technique and singing teaching methods, anatomy etc myself.
Just because I ask a question here at this site doesn't mean its my
point of veiw. As I said I heard several very warm sounding mezzos
myself when I was in America.

When your in a very small pond like where I live if you are going to
hold different points of veiw from some others in your profession I
think you need very good reasons for doing so. Particularily if they
are the ones that hold the power over your students.

So I hope you will take the questions in the spirit with which they
are intended I mean no offence.

Best Wishes

Deborah

emusic.com