Vocalist.org archive

From:  Karen Mercedes <dalila@R...>
Date:  Thu Mar 6, 2003  10:01 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Blending Registers, Mezzo Hole In The Voice Issue

I've found that focusing my sound more forward - i.e., "aiming" it at my
teeth - rather than "covering" it under my soft palate, and also
tightening the space in my mouth - help enormously in eliminating that
"hole" at and just above my lower break. If there's too much space
between the back teeth, the vibrations will naturally gravitate towards
the back of my mouth (where they feel oh, so good), and the result will be
a diminished resonance, i.e., the "hole".

Karen Mercedes
http://www.radix.net/~dalila/index.html
O music, that openest the abysses of the soul!
Thou dost destroy the normal balance of the mind.
- Romain Rolland, JEAN-CHRISTOPHE

emusic.com