Vocalist.org archive

From:  "deliamayit" <deliamay@h...>
Date:  Thu Mar 6, 2003  3:56 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Exercises for blending registers...

Michael wrote:
> Lloyd, thank you for this post.
> I have found it most confusing to find that the pitch for
my "break"
> seems to vary, and your post goes a long way towards explaining the
> mystery.

Yes it sounds like the same as the female lower passaggio - i can
certainly take "i" in head voice lower than "a".
I think it also depends on where you are coming from and going to -
if singing something in low range (mainly below the break), then i
would take say an E above middle C in chest, whereas if descending
from head an E would most likely be in 'head' whatever the vowel.
It also seems to depend on whether you are breathing properly.
I suppose you need to develop a flexible dynamic approach which
allows you to match the sounds above and below the break taking into
consideration all these different factors and also style.
However, my burning question still remaining is, if you have to
descend or ascend legato step-wise across the break, whereabouts to
introduce/leave off chest (and how to do it so that nobody can tell!)
Thanks for all the contributions to this topic
Delia

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
23116 Re: Exercises for blending registers...Edward Nortonbelcantist2003 Thu  3/6/2003
23117 Re: Exercises for blending registers...deliamayitdeliamayit Thu  3/6/2003
23124 Re: Exercises for blending registers...Lloyd W. Hansonlwh1 Thu  3/6/2003
23127 Re: Exercises for blending registers...Steve Fraserdstevenfraser Thu  3/6/2003
23150 Re: Exercises for blending registers...Sharon Szymanskisszymanski27514 Fri  3/7/2003
23154 Re: Exercises for blending registers...Edward Nortonbelcantist2003 Fri  3/7/2003
23120 Re: Exercises for blending registers...Steve Fraserdstevenfraser Thu  3/6/2003
23125 Re: Exercises for blending registers...deliamayitdeliamayit Thu  3/6/2003
emusic.com