Vocalist.org archive

From:  "moon_palace_1 <moon_palace_1@y...
Date:  Mon Mar 3, 2003  10:32 am
Subject:  New member + question

Hi,

My name is Sofia and I am lyric soprano, currently studying at the
operastudio in Stockholm.
I have just registered for this list and am looking forward to
participating in the group.

I already have a question to post (hope it's ok!):

I understand that it is hard to tell what a voice will "become" when
the student is a beginner, because a voice changes over time, and
with training. However, I wonder if this is equally true regarding
the age of the beginners age. That is: if a beginner is 18, 21, or 24
when starting to take lessons. Would it be easier to tell what the
voice of a 25 year old beginner will be after 8 years of training (I
think I would be ref. to "fach" - which in turn depends on timbre,
range, volume, squillo etc. etc.) than it would be when it comes to a
beginner who is 4 years younger?

I have heard arguments both ways...

Kind regards,
Sofia

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
23033 Re: New member + questionIngo Duckerscheiningo_d Mon  3/3/2003
23035 Re: New member + questionGraham Sandersgrahamsanders.geo Mon  3/3/2003
23049 Re: New member + questionmoon_palace_1 <moon_palace_1@y...>moon_palace_1 Mon  3/3/2003
emusic.com