Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Colin Reed" <colin-reed@l...>
Date:  Mon Mar 3, 2003  10:34 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Stuck

I know this sounds a glib answer, but the most likely answer is tension.
I used to get this feeling through tension in my upper ribcage and shoulders
(of course what you describe as "stuck" and what I describe as "stuck" may
be two entirely different things). I can't offer any help that is easily
explainable over the internet. However, what I can suggest is that "pushing"
is not going to help at all, and will probably just exacerbate the problem.
You really need to work through these things with a good teacher. That's
what I did.

Best wishes

Colin Reed, tenor
Newark, UK

" <alex69rox@y...
>Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2003 04:05:12 -0000
>Subject: [vocalist] Stuck
>

>I feel like my voice is stuck and it just wont come out so I have to
>push it out. It feels like something along the way is blocking my
>voice and i have to struggle to get the words out! this probably
>sounds really weird, but I was wondering If anyone can give me some
>help? thanx!
> -ALEX

emusic.com