Vocalist.org archive

From:  Cindi Waters <musicteachky@y...>
Date:  Mon Mar 3, 2003  7:01 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Vocal exercises

Hello, dragonhwa. I would like to say that I usually start warming up by finding
a very comfortable note on which to sing. It is always a fairly low note. That
could be my "speaking voice" note, but usually it is simply a very comfortable
note on which I can hum. Of course, I am standing up. Then I begin warming up by
doing some very simply note exercises, such as humming first and going into a
"Mmmmeeeeeeee" sound on that one note. Then, depending upon how I feel (whether
tired, heavy or light vocally), I might continue on that one note and sing
Meeee, Moooowwww, or Moooooo, etc. Very gently. Then I will do similar sounds
going up or down the scale in whole or half steps. When I am convinced of the
state of my singing that day, I will sing triads back and forth on the sound
"Meeee." I will do more, but that is how I usually start. Hope this helps. Cindi
from Kentucky. (I'll leave the high note thing for another post, but let me warn
you to be very, very careful and not to hurt your voice by pushing too far if
you don't know how to "get there." It takes time for most singers to learn how
to do it right.)
"dragonhwa <dragonhwa@y... wrote:Hi, I would like
to ask if anyone of you all have some vocal exercise
to recommend before someone start to sing? And can someone pls
explain how to be able to high notes without straining my voice?

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
23030 Re: Vocal exercisestan yong hwadragonhwa Mon  3/3/2003
emusic.com