Vocalist.org archive

From:  "David Grogan" <dgrogan@e...>
Date:  Mon Mar 3, 2003  2:32 am
Subject:  RE: [vocalist] Re: Support and Lowered Larynx

Dear Lloyd et al,
You wrote: As such , it resembles the lip trill exercise in intent. In my
opinion it avoids the excessive breath flow that is required by the lip
trill
exercise.
**
David here:

I use lip trills for most of my students, but have found that some of my
students tighten up in their throat (I can tell from the timbre of the
sound) when they perform lip trills. Up until now, I have used other
methods (singing into tissue, humming, etc.) toward the same end. I tried
the lip "buzz" and found it to be quite easy for me to do. Some students
have a hard time doing the lip trills, and I hate working hard to "teach"
something that is only an exercise, especially when there are alternatives.

I am enjoying this sharing of exercises and techniques. I appreciate those
of you bold enough to share!

David Grogan
Longview, Texas

emusic.com