Vocalist.org archive

From:  Leslie Christopher <leskayc@y...>
Date:  Sat Mar 1, 2003  7:08 pm
Subject:  ATTN: Music Ed Folks--Summer Program theme?

Help Listers!
I teach the children's classes at a local community arts school. The majority
of our students are private voice students but I teach several children's
classes, from a
"Mommy & Me" infants class up to a 9-11 year old group voice class. The
director/owner of the studio wants me to teach a 5 week summer program. I did
this last year and did a patriotic theme, but she wants something different this
year-complete with a craft to take home. There will be a preschool (3,4,&5 yr.
olds) class, a 6-8 year old class and possibly but not probably a 9-12 year old
class. I thought about doing songs from "around the world" or maybe music &
dance of the American Indian-I have a good book for this but the crafts are too
expensive and too involved.
Before I make my mind up and start putting this together I thought I would ask
and see if anyone has any other suggestions. The craft issue is my biggest
problem since I am no artisan....last year Oriental Trading came to the rescue
with patriotic craft kits that were a lifesaver.
I don't want these classes to be too much like what I do during the year since
it will likely be some of the same kids and I want the summer session to be
unique.
Any suggestions? Feel free to email me privately since this topic probably won't
interest everybody..
Thanks, Leslie

---------------------------------

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
23009 Re: ATTN: Music Ed Folks--Summer Program theme?Karen Mercedessingwiththespirit Sun  3/2/2003
23016 Motivation.Reg Boyletranquil2404 Mon  3/3/2003
23020 Re: Motivation.Cindi Watersmusicteachky Mon  3/3/2003
23027 Re: Motivation.Colin Reedcolinreeduk Mon  3/3/2003
23047 Re: Motivation.Reg Boyletranquil2404 Mon  3/3/2003
23036 Re: Motivation.lestaylor2003 <LesTaylor@a...>lestaylor2003 Mon  3/3/2003
23039 Re: Motivation.Karen Mercedessingwiththespirit Mon  3/3/2003
23040 Re: Motivation.lestaylor2003 <LesTaylor@a...>lestaylor2003 Mon  3/3/2003
23048 Re: Motivation.Reg Boyletranquil2404 Mon  3/3/2003
emusic.com