Vocalist.org archive

From:  Randye Jones <rljones@a...>
Date:  Sat Mar 1, 2003  6:13 am
Subject:  New Spirituals Survey

Hi, all.

I've begun running a new survey to find out how much exposure classically-
trained voice students and teachers have had to art song settings of Negro
spirituals (this does not include choral settings). While still short,
this survey is more detailed than the first.

I'm looking for a wide variety of views from voice students/teachers who
have had no exposure to those who regularly program spirituals for
themselves or their students. The survey is also not limited to African
Americans. Plus, even if you completed the first one, your opinion is
welcome for Survey II.

To reach the survey, go to:

http://www.artofthenegrospiritual.com

and click on Survey at the top of the page.

Lastly, I would really appreciate you help in getting the word spread so
that I can get a real variety of responses. I've put up a flyer for those
of you who want to copy and post it. The address for this .pdf file is:

http://www.artofthenegrospiritual.com/surveys/surveyflyer.pdf

Thanks.

Randye J.

. | * Randye Jones, MM |