Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patt Sealy <pds_w@y...>
Date:  Fri Feb 28, 2003  11:56 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Support and Lowered Larynx

Dear lloyd:

I am interested in singing and this exercise interest
me.
Do you offer your exercise as an alternative to
students who are unable to do the lip trill?
What is your take on the purpose of the lip trill?
I use the lip trill often and it certainly helps me to
appreciate the way the voice transitions as it moves
through different resonant chambers going from the
bottom of the range to the top.
Also, when i do a sirene using the lip trill I think I
understand what 'dropping the weight' as one ascends
the scale mean: there is a thinner emission of air
and sound(i think) as the vocal folds thin out and the
sound is continuous thought quite soft at the top of
my range.
Are the vocal folds approximating properly in doing
the lip trill?
Is your exercise designed to achieve the same
objectives as the lip trill?

Patrick