Vocalist.org archive

From:  "lestaylor2003 <LesTaylor@a...
Date:  Fri Feb 28, 2003  7:49 pm
Subject:  Re: Support and Lowered Larynx

Dear Reg,
You wrote: Passe...."old fashioned...past its prime" Well I also am
sorry you should find my directness not to your liking Les.
Please, no worries. I didn't find your use of the term support "not
to my liking" at all. I try diligently to keep an open mind to other
people's points of view. I've merely noticed that the term "breath
management" seems to be more in common use (especially in academic
studios) today than the term "breath support". I believe that is
because respected educators like Richard Miller reject the term
breath support. I reject nothing and I certainly am no Richard
Miller. I am here to learn from people like you who I'm sure know
much more than I ever will.

Now, I admit, I am a skeptic; I want reasons for everything but I
wouldn't think that would be a problem for anyone who has reasoned
through their pedagogy and has good reasoning to back it up. Shoot,
I'd ask the same kinds of things of Richard Miller himself if I ever
had the chance to meet him.
I wish you all the best Reg.
Regards,
Les