Vocalist.org archive

From:  Reg Boyle <bandb@n...>
Date:  Fri Feb 28, 2003  5:38 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Support and Lowered Larynx

At 05:37 PM 27/02/03 +0000, you Les, wrote:
>Dear Reg,
>You wrote: "Unfortunately there are other aspects, as Les' rejection
>of the term implies."
>*****************
>Sorry if I gave the impression that I was rejecting anything; that
>was not, is not and never was my intention.

Passe...."old fashioned...past its prime" Well I also am sorry
you should find my directness not to your liking Les. I do not
like to leave my intentions unclear but this should not, in my
opinion, be interpreted as confrontational.

The fact that the intercostals are SUPPORTING the muscle
system is in itself sufficient reason to stay with this compact,
descriptive and traditional term. As with my contention about
the renaming of the octaves on the scale, there is little good
reason to replace them. I'm not offended one bit by its rejection.

As regards lip trills, I have yet to find a good reason to indulge
in the activity when simply to run my tongue around the inside
of my lips is just as good. Lip buzzes, on the other hand, are the
most helpful little exercise I've even found especially as a daily
ice breaker. For speakers as well as singers.

I have no objection to the term breath management as I implied
with those words, but I do think it is unnecessary to complicate
still further the confusing nomenclature already in use in the
vocal field.

Regards Reg.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22983 Re: Support and Lowered Larynxlestaylor2003 <LesTaylor@a...>lestaylor2003 Fri  2/28/2003