Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lloyd W. Hanson" <lloyd.hanson@n...>
Date:  Fri Feb 28, 2003  3:48 am
Subject:  [vocalist] Re: Support and Lowered Larynx

Dear Les and Vocalisters:

I should at least mention what I use instead of lip trills. I ask
the student to blow air through the lips which are loosely closed so
that the cheeks puff out Once the can do this I ask them to add tone
to this while maintaining the loose lip closure and the puffed out
cheeks. Then I ask them to raise the pitch of the tone in a siren
like manner and, rather quickly after a few attempts, to raise the
siren sound to some of their very highest pitches. They almost
always are able to make a smooth and continuous sound through all of
the register changes both up and down. Once this is acheived, an
octave arpeggio is tried singing on /a/ for notes 1, 3, 5, and going
to the puffy cheeks/closed lips on 8. This is followed by the same
exercise but with an /u/ vowel on 8 rather than the puffy
heeks/closed lips.

--
Lloyd W. Hanson

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22989 Re: Support and Lowered LarynxPatt Sealypds_w Fri  2/28/2003
22992 Re: Support and Lowered LarynxLloyd W. Hansonlwh1 Sat  3/1/2003
emusic.com