Vocalist.org archive

From:  Ian Belsey <Idbelsey@y...>
Date:  Fri Jun 9, 2000  12:16 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] TECH: Fast vibrato causes?

Dear All,

Sorry to be a dumbo re. fast vibrato/bleating etc as
apposed to straight tone. I have to ask why would
anybody want to sing with straight tone anyway?
That's not singing, that's droning! Fast vib is very
hard to get rid of, but can be done, it's generally to
do with muscular imbalance, tension, and often just
singing too hard, which sends the apparatus into a
sort of spasm. Unfortunately, as the muscles have
memory, they then remember this imbalanced action.
It's often a question of taking the engine apart, and
putting it back together again. Long and hard study it
is, but the end results are rewarding.

I shall post more on this subject, but have to go and
pick my aged parents up and take them for a treat to
see Mamma Mia in London's West End (it's my mum's 80th
Birthday) and both my parents love Abba!!!
Extraordinary!

Best wishes,

Ian Voice technician. Bromley, Kent, England.