Vocalist.org archive

From:  "singingfan <singfan@m...
Date:  Tue Feb 25, 2003  1:53 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Admittance to Music Programs

> *What's your name?
My name is Jennifer.

> *How old are you?
I am 18years old. I turn 19 in about 3 months.

> *Do you read music?
Yes! I do!

> *Do you play an instrument?
Though I am not a seasoned player, I do have some experience in
playing the piano. When I was in elementary school I took a liking to
the piano and then took at least 3 years of piano lessons.

> *What is your vocal and musical background?
I was in the school choir ever since 5th grade. I was in the select
choir of about 6 singers in 7-8th grade. I have been to a Barbershop
Festival. I was in a musical theater production of the play 'Rags'
fall semester of senior year. I homeschooled during my 9th grade year
so I could be able to constantly practice and tune my voice with
lessons and personal study. During that time is when my voice really
grew and developed. I was constanty trying to stregnthen, widen my
range and concentrate on tone, breath support and all that other good
stuff we are all familliar with. There is more to list, I just can't
think of it right now. Ugh, evil mind blocks! haha

> *What are your musical goals?
I'm not sure exactly how to answer this question. But, I do know that
when I am not singing or listening to music that is when my life is
empty and lost. There is no life without immersion and breathing
music. I feel that I am ready to go for the gold. I am open to
singing and learning about all of the different styles including
opera, pop, musical theater, jazz, and practically anything else.

> *What are your career goals?
My career goal is to be able to live my dream of earning a living by
singing professionally. I would love to eventually have a recording
career and be able to tour the world. (I know these are big dreams,
but I have had enough with "settling" and just going through the
motions of what is "expected of me". I want to take a hold of my life
and do what makes me happy.)

> *Where do you live?
Right now, I live in Lakes Region, New Hampshire.

> *Do you want to/are you willing to go to an out of state school?
Yes.

I would like to finish my reply email with a quote from my prior
email... :)
> Music is my life! I have realized that I have to stop getting
> sidetracked by majoring in anything else! This is the only way
that I am going to be truly happy in life!

emusic.com