Vocalist.org archive

From:  Isabelle Bracamonte <ibracamonte@y...>
Date:  Fri Jun 9, 2000  4:53 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist-temporary] TECH: Fast vibrato causes?

> To answer your questions briefly, yes,
> using straight tone (done
> healthily) can help smooth out an unnatural vibrato.
> And, yes, it is possible
> to produce a healthy, straight tone.

I admit, my response was something of a bait. I
personally don't believe that a perfectly straight
tone can be sung with the vocal longevity, range,
volume, and ring to be sustained for 20 or 30 years of
OPERATIC singing over large, modern orchestras --
because I think it involves the use of too much air,
which leads to vocal fatigue in this kind of
repertoire (in my humble opinion) -- but I wanted to
give other listers (especially Dr. Diane, champion of
the healthy straight tone and the healthy belt) a
chance to give their opinions.

Isabelle B.

=====
Isabelle Bracamonte