Vocalist.org archive

From:  "SMSchneider" <smschneider23@r...>
Date:  Mon Feb 24, 2003  2:56 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Grammys

Les wrote:
> To me, The Grammy Award Show was mostly an orgy of vulgarity with
> rare moments worth watching and hearing.

I totally agree. I flipped back and forth to it while watching something
else to try to catch something worth listening to like Sting or James
Taylor. My favorite moments were when Robin Williams spoke. How's that for
an indictment of pop music? ;-) Bruce sings with passion, but with a few
exceptions generally leaves me asking what all the fuss is about. (Doesn't
he get tendonitis in his right elbow from the way he strums? Looks like he's
working a car jack.) Plus the sound and balance were so bad I could hear one
of his backup singers better than him, and the other singers not at all. And
the one guitarist/singer next to him was so over the top it removed all
credibility from the band's performance. NPR did a piece a year ago on Nora
Jones, who has real talent, I think. I won't bother commenting on vocal
production in this set of genres. There's so little to talk about there.

Susan Schneider

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22845 Re: Grammysingo_d <ingo_d@y...>ingo_d Mon  2/24/2003
emusic.com