Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Elizabeth Finkler" <mightymezzo@h...>
Date:  Thu Feb 20, 2003  11:00 pm
Subject:  AUDITION: Emergency need for a G&S Baritone, SF Bay Area

Hey gang:

This is from Ken Malucci, who is the stage director for my upcoming
"Mikado."

Liz

Dear Friends:

I am in urgent need of a Captain Corcoran, for the Pinafore I'm
directing at Lyric San Jose! The fellow who was going to do it
has had to depart the show, mid-rehearsal period, for extenuating
circumstances, and we are truly sorry he is having to leave!

For those of you unfamiliar with the role, the Captain is a high
baritone role with lots of solos and duets, etc.; it's a fairly
good-sized role. He's the elegant father of Josephine (the sop-
rano lead), seemingly engaged to Sir Joseph Porter, a goofy admiral
(the comic patter lead), but secretly in love with Rafe Rackstraw,
a lowly sailor (the tenor lead) aboard her father's ship, HMS Pin-
afore.

The show plays the last two weekends in March at the beautiful
Montgomery Theatre, downtown San Jose, will be fully staged
(costumes, etc.) and accompanied by a 21-piece orchestra.

Staging rehearsals have commenced, just this week. I can give
whoever is interested the full details, including the complete
rehearsal schedule and all the staging directions, via e-mail,
when they contact me. There is no pay, but that's probably no
news to most of you.

Hope to hear from somebody ASAP!

Thanks for helping spread the word,
KM

Elizabeth Finkler
San Jose, California
mightymezzo@h...
http://home.earthlink.net/~mightymezzo

"We got guns, they got guns, all God's chillun got guns!" -- The Marx
Brothers, "Duck Soup"

22797 Re: AUDITION: Emergency need for a G&S Baritone, SF Bay AreaErica Zweigpeekskillny1588 Thu  2/20/2003
emusic.com