Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Jim Browne" <jim@w...>
Date:  Wed Feb 19, 2003  4:53 pm
Subject:  Musid Man - Barbershop Quartet

> Barbershop quartet: Briefly: Fantastic!
>
> They had a fine Bass and the Tenor was much better that the guy from
> the Buffalo Bills of yore (now THAT guy was nasal <shudder>). Their
> diction was excellent, so much so in fact that I suspect that they
> were probably from England and not from the US. All the
> barbershoppers from around here seem to be nasal and have really
> muddy diction.

There has been much discussion regarding Music Man on the Barbershop
list.

The quartet that did the School Board is out of Canada, named VIP
(Voices in Public) http://www.voicesinpublic.com/

Regarding the Bullalo Bills, remember that the style of Barbershop
singing was much brighter back then. It is also my understanding that
the director asked the Bills to brighten even more.

Jim Browne

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22756 Re: Musid Man - Barbershop QuartetEdward Nortonbelcantist2003 Wed  2/19/2003
22757 Re: Musid Man - Barbershop Quartetlestaylor2003 <LesTaylor@a...>lestaylor2003 Wed  2/19/2003
22760 Re: Musid Man - Barbershop QuartetDave Roeslerroesler1218 Wed  2/19/2003
22782 Re: Music Man - Barbershop Quartetlestaylor2003 <LesTaylor@a...>lestaylor2003 Thu  2/20/2003
22758 Re: Musid Man - Barbershop Quartetlestaylor2003 <LesTaylor@a...>lestaylor2003 Wed  2/19/2003
22759 Re: Musid Man - Barbershop QuartetChristine Thomasmezzoid Wed  2/19/2003
22767 Returning after an hiatusSteve Fraser <Steve.Fraser@j...>dstevenfraser Wed  2/19/2003
22777 Re: Returning after an hiatusSMSchneidersusan5s Thu  2/20/2003
22802 Re: Returning after an hiatusSteve Fraser <Steve.Fraser@j...>dstevenfraser Fri  2/21/2003
emusic.com