Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Christine Thomas" <Mezzoid@w...>
Date:  Fri Feb 14, 2003  4:05 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: magazines???

The magazine did go through a period of time when it got fluffy and became OPERA
NEWS LITE, in my opinion. This was during a period of time when the managing
editor was a gentleman who had previously edited SOAP OPERA DIGEST. I don't
know whether or not he was a singer as well.

I had written a few articles for the magazine prior to his arrival, on subjects
like the Young Artist programs, an evaluation of Richard Miller's Chicago
workshop, professional jealousy (some of these under a nom de plume because I
was fearful at the time of their acceptance). After his arrival, such articles
seemed to be less welcome. Upon the magazine's move to Salt Lake City, this
person left the magazine. I think the magazine has improved as a result. I was
about to unsubscribe, but I gave it another shot after his leaving and I'm glad
I did.

Christine Thomas
Voice Studio of Christine Thomas
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

"If you look goofy, you probably sound goofy."
--Marianna Busching