Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Nande <divananny@h...
Date:  Fri Feb 14, 2003  10:45 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] magazines???

*****
"Christine Thomas" <Mezzoid@w...> wrote:
(classical) singers.
*****

Hi Christine and List,

Classical Singer is a wonderful magazine (and I am a subscriber), but
the problem with it is that is is in english, and focused on the
northern-american part of the world. I was thinking someting more
local, in my own language (dutch), containing relevant information
for dutch singers..... Which does not have to mean that it has to be
all that different from CS, but there's still a difference in
culture, if you will, between Europe and the US.

That's the reason why I am looking for information on the needs of
the readers (or potential readers) of such a mag....
So far no responses, unfortunately, so I'll ask again:

- what would be your main reason(s) for reading a magazine like CS
- if you were the editor of such a magazine, what would you focus on?
- would you like to see magazines on only one style, or more then
one? (say, classical combined with pop)
- do you know of any european magazines on vocal issues?

Your information would be really helpful!

Thanx,
Nande

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22661 Re: magazines???Colin Reedcolinreeduk Fri  2/14/2003
22662 Re: magazines???Nande <divananny@h...>panaveko Fri  2/14/2003
emusic.com