Vocalist.org archive

From:  Edward Norton <belcantist2003@y...>
Date:  Fri Feb 14, 2003  5:17 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] classical music today...

Dear Listers:
I have to agree with Lloyd and Pat. Opera is alive and well in North Carolina,
but I'll readily admit that in the land of tobacco spittin' rednecks, bel canto
fares roughly here! Here in Winston-Salem we have The N.C. School of the Arts
and Piedmont Opera. Greensboro had for quite a number of years "Young Artists'
Opera Theater". Charlotte Opera is now called "Opera Carolina" and has a busy
season. There is an opera company in the Raleigh, NC area as well as a concert
series there called "The Friends of the College" which attracts many operatic
greats. We haven't even gotten into Gilbert & Sullivan and operetta!
Perhaps Randy needs to dose up on carrots and Ovaltine and then he should be
able to detect the opera springing forth all around him!
Ed

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22686 Re: classical music today...Leslie Christopher  Fri  2/14/2003
emusic.com