Vocalist.org archive

From:  patricia.m.smith@j...
Date:  Fri Feb 14, 2003  1:07 am
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] classical music today...

I have to agree with Lloyd. The singers that we hear @ Lyric/Chicago are,
for the most part, amazing & it doesn't matter if you're the star of the
show or in the chorus. It is also the hottest music tix in town with many
of the attendees being twenty-thirty something.

I've become aware of more people taking voice lessons than before & it
doesn't matter what type of music that they sing because they see the
value in the classical training & learning to sing properly.

As a singer myself, I am also thrilled by the music that has previously
been neglected by publishers being published because I know that they
wouldn't publish it if there wasn't a demand.

Pat

On Thu, 13 Feb 2003 17:48:47 -0700 "Lloyd W. Hanson"
<lloyd.hanson@n...> writes:
> Dear Vocalisters:
>
> Messages listed below to which I make reply.
>
> NOT!
>
> >In a message dated 2/13/2003 1:50:41 PM Central Standard Time,
> >kg7331@g... writes:
> >
> >> What is your view of opera singers today? Do you think that they
> and
> >> the style of classical music is dying away?
> >>

> >Dying? It's basically dead.
> >
> >randy buescher

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com