Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Anna Carina Sundstedt" <anna-carina@m...>
Date:  Thu Jun 8, 2000  8:08 pm
Subject:  Re: Rep. Wedding & Finland

Anne-Louise wrote:

> I've been asked to sing at a wedding in Finland and have been given a free
> hand as to what I want to sing. I'm a lighter lyric soprano. Since this
> is the first wedding that I'm singing at, I would be open to any
> sugestions......

Dear Anne-Louise,

I must admit I donīt know much about appropriate Finnish repertoire, but I have
had succes with these songs/arias at weddings:

"One hand, one heart" from West Side Story
"Canīt help loving that man" from Showboat
"Perhaps Love" by John Denver
"Ave Maria" both Gounodīs and Schubertīs
"O mio babbino caro" from Gianni Schicchi

Good luck!

Anna Carina
Danish Soprano