Vocalist.org archive

From:  Meaghan Heling <callasite@y...>
Date:  Wed Feb 12, 2003  10:50 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Correct speaking

Hi!!! I'v been a subscriber for sometime to this list, but have never posted.
One very interesting thing I read on this subject was a section in Jerome Hines'
book, "Great Singers on Great Sining." Not only does he speak on correct
speaking in the section he wrote on himself, but he also has 'his teacher'
disuss the subject. I thought it was extremely interesting and insightful as was
the rest of the book. I would highly recommend checking this book out from your
local library!
-Meaghan
"alex69rox <alex69rox@y... wrote:I am a barritone,
I have been taking voice lessons for 6 months:

Everytime I start speaking like my voice teacher tells me to, I sound
really weird, like Michael Jackson lol. I was just wondering if I
must speak in such a high (girly) tone to preserve my voice? thanks!

emusic.com