Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Lisa M. Stachowicz" <earthbounddiva@w...>
Date:  Thu Jun 8, 2000  1:23 pm
Subject:  RE: [vocalist-temporary] When I wake up

When I first started teaching voice lessons, I found I was having a hard
time singing at the end of the day - but could sing for everyone during
their lessons to give examples, etc. Then, I discovered I was wearing my
voice out by the way I was talking. I had a fairly monotonous speaking
voice and it wore me out!

Once I realized this, I tried to play with the nature of my speech patterns,
I would raise and lower the pitch of my voice, and it helped tremendously.
Now, I can sing at any time of the day with no problems, even after a day of
teaching lessons.

So, I would recommend you exam what kind of speaking voice you have and try
to evaluate why you might be having problems singing at the end of the day.
Then work on your speech patterns and see if changing things a bit could
help.

Good luck to you!

Lisa M. Stachowicz
Dramatic Soprano and Voice Teacher
Appleton, WI
http://home.att.net/~earthbounddiva

You are the music while the music lasts.
                                      ~ T. S. Eliot ~

emusic.com