Vocalist.org archive

From:  "razor8882003 <decentefsci@h...
Date:  Mon Feb 10, 2003  6:54 pm
Subject:  Is there a "mix-falsetto" thing?

Hello!Please let me share my experience with you.
Today,during my warm-ups in my singing lesson,i sung a C5.(By the
way i'm male,bass-baritone still limited in his chest voice.)
It sounded like a very strong,rich falsetto while the tone wasn't
breathy at all.My teacher told me it's falsetto with overtones.
I asked him if this is head voice without any chest added.
He said, "no,this is mix-falsetto which is falsetto with overtones."
How do you underestand that?I had never heard such terminology
before.I knew that limits between chest,head and falsetto were
obvious.

I'm looking forward to reading your comments.

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date
22536 Re: Is there a "mix-falsetto" thing?Michael <chosdad@y...>chosdad Mon  2/10/2003
22537 Re: Is there a "mix-falsetto" thing?lestaylor2003 <LesTaylor@a...>lestaylor2003 Mon  2/10/2003
22558 Re: Is there a "mix-falsetto" thing?Lloyd W. Hansonlwh1 Tue  2/11/2003
22538 Re: Is there a "mix-falsetto" thing?Clark_Diane  Mon  2/10/2003
22540 Re: Is there a "mix-falsetto" thing?Michael <chosdad@y...>chosdad Mon  2/10/2003
22541 Re: Is there a "mix-falsetto" thing?razor8882003 <decentefsci@h...>razor8882003 Mon  2/10/2003
22542 Re: Is there a "mix-falsetto" thing?Michael <chosdad@y...>chosdad Mon  2/10/2003
22543 Re: Is there a "mix-falsetto" thing?razor8882003 <decentefsci@h...>razor8882003 Mon  2/10/2003