Vocalist.org archive

From:  "lestaylor2003 <LesTaylor@a...
Date:  Mon Feb 10, 2003  1:56 pm
Subject:  Discussing Vocal Exercises on the Web

Dear Lloyd et al,
Lloyd wrote: "I do not favor giving voice lessons on the Web. I think
it is too easy for their use to be badly distorted and dangerous to
the singer because I, or another teacher, is not there to monitor
progress. No exercise can be created that cannot be done improperly
without supervision."
*********************
I couldn't agree more. Nothing replaces an experienced set of eyes
and ears. But I see no reason not to discuss the exercises we use,
how we use them and why we use them as we do. Indeed, we have
already begun to do just that on many occasions already, just not in
any systematic way. I propose this: Let's name an exercise and then
discuss our reasons for how and when we find it useful. We might even
consider making a separate thread to discuss the pros and cons of
each exercise. Sound like fun?
Regards to all,
Les

  Replies Name/Email Yahoo! ID Date