Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Christine Thomas" <Mezzoid@w...>
Date:  Sun Feb 9, 2003  5:09 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Lyric Soprano vs Dramatic Soprano...

There are a lot of lyric soprano roles. Are you a full lyric or a light lyric
or what? How old are you? I'm sure Karen has at her fingertips a list of the
different roles for each fach so I'll just say that as a lyric, there is work
to be had.

Beverly Sills once spoke about doing an ill-advised AIDA for Cleveland Opera (or
Lyric Opera Cleveland, can't remember which) and said it was like a guppy
pretending to be a whale. You are what you are - you may develop into a heavier
voice type as you grow older - or you may not. You have to accept what you are
and what you can do with it.

Christine Thomas,
Mezzo Soprano

"I love to sing-a, about the moon-a and the June-a and the spring-a!"