Vocalist.org archive

From:  Patt Sealy <pds_w@y...>
Date:  Fri Feb 7, 2003  10:32 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Pavarotti Mezzo Falso

hi!
I have recently discovered this group and I like the
issues discussed.
I have been studying off and on with a voice coach
form about 1992 and I sang Tenor with a classical
choir. I recently had some sessons in SLS which I
enjoyed very much. Having read " great singers on
great singing" and " training Tenor voices" I became
very confused about how to sing well -there are as
many different techniques as there are people on
earth.
Place the voice, cover the tone, sing on a yawn, round
the vowels out in the passagio, drop the weight up are
some of the phrases that I struggled with for a long
time. SLS is the closest I come to singing with a
connected tone, though at this moment fairly light on
high notes.
I would like to listen to this clip that you have
posted, how can I find it?
It is not so easy for me to distinguish, interms of
sound, between falsetto and head voice. If Pavarotti
examples makes this clear I would like to find and
listen to it.

Patrick.
--- "mjmoody2000 <mjmoody@c...>"

22487 The files section, was [vocalist] Re: Pavarotti Mezzo FalsoMichael <chosdad@y...>chosdad Fri  2/7/2003