Vocalist.org archive

From:  "Colin Reed" <colin-reed@l...>
Date:  Fri Feb 7, 2003  7:43 pm
Subject:  Re: [vocalist] Re: Pavarotti Mezzo Falso

Lloyd
Whereas I agree entirely that the clip of Pavarotti has no falsetto in it, I
am still yet to be convinced of the argument that women's voices do not have
a falsetto. I watched a clip on the Dave Stroud web site that showed
abbducted women's folds, much as you have described the arrangement for
falsetto in the male voice, with tone being produced. Unfortunately I
cannot find this video clip as the web site has been updated (this was
several years ago). I will contact the site and see if it is still
available because it makes interesting viewing. Before I saw it I would
probably have agreed that women do not have a falsetto - now I'm not
convinced.

Regards
Colin Reed, tenor
Newark, UK